Wednesday, 13 July 2011

Now That Was a Job!

In my last post, I showed you the cutest little lunch box I picked up on Sunday for my coupons.

Yesterday morning was unbearably hot in my den, which is where our computer lives. So, I decided to take my binder, my box and my coupons to be sorted box outside to do some organizing.

I started with my exisiting coupon binder.


It is a very heavy, very awkward thing to carry around. Plus, it's a very obvious sort of thing. You can't be discreet with this monster of a binder. Everyone see's it, everyone notices it, and quite a few people have commented or at least raised eyebrows at it when I'm shopping. Not that I particularly care if people look down at me for using coupons, but if I can stay annonymous, more the better.

It was split up into sections



and then the coupons were slipped into baseball card pages. I just realized, as I was writing this post, that I didn't take a photo of the actual pages. Sorry about that!

So, I took the headings I had already and made dividers for my lunch box


and started sorting.

Just in my binder alone, I had 357 coupons. That's not counting what was in this box of coupons that needed to be sorted and cut out.


It took a few hours, but in the end, I got them all cut and sorted.


I did notice that I need to redo my dividers, they're not tall enough. So, I have to dig a bit to find my sections. And I need some paper clips to keep all my same/similar coupons together. I have several Majesta toilet paper coupons, for instance. If I can clip them all together, they'll be much easier to find and will take up less room.

I am so happy with the way this is turning out. Of course, it still needs work, but I'm well on my way to having the perfect coupon organizer!

5 comments:

  1. New follower from the blog hop. Be sure to check out my blog, too. www.CajunBombshell1.blogspot.com

    I look forward to reading more on your organizational skills. Yahoooo for couponing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! I am inspired! I soooo need to do this. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go. I have told myself I am going to do this but never actually sit down and do it! I think you just inspired me to actually do it!

    New blog follower! Come follow back and enter my great giveaways! {One Ends Tonight} http://www.peacelovepoop.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. can you come organize my coupon drawer :)

    I'm your newest GFC follower!
    Stopping by from the hop!
    Would love a follow back and say hello!
    http://www.bragallboutit.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good job! I am not a great couponer, but I'm getting better! I used to be so diligent about clipping and using coupons, so proud of my savings. Then I fell off the wagon, why I'm not sure. But I'm back at it!

    I'm a new follower from the hop, delighted to meet you!

    Stacey @ http://www.justsayitoldyouso.com

    ReplyDelete