Pinwheel Delight - A Delicious Doggie Treat Recipe Your Pooch Will Love!



This is a recipe that any pooch will love! I have big dogs that crunch them up quick as can be and little dogs that I need to break them up for. But all of them adore this treat!

Dough #1

4 cups whole wheat flour
½ cup cornmeal
1 1/3 cup water
1/3 cup peanut butter
1 egg

Dough #2

4 cups whole wheat flour
2/3 cup cornmeal
½ cup mashed banana
1 egg
1 1/4 cup water
2 tbsp vegetable oil
2 tbsp molasses
2 tbsp cinnamon

Combine all Dough #1 ingredients and mix thouroughly. Knead on a lightly floured surgace. Set aside. Comine all #2 ingredients and mix. Knead on a lightly floured surface. Roll each dough separately to a 1/8 inch thickness, into rectangles. Lightly brush a little water over the top of the light dough. Place the dark dough on top, then roll up like a jelly roll. Wrap the roll in plastic and chill in the freezer for approximately 1 hour. Cut the roll into ¼ inch slices. Place on a cookie sheet and bake at 350 for one hour, turning halfway through. 

This recipe makes a great homemade gift for someone with a pet, or as a treat that you can freeze for your own pooch. It makes up very quickly and easily and I've yet to meet a dog that didn't love it. :)

Feel free to print and share this recipe. You can also find the PDF version here

Enjoy!

You can find more amazing recipes, crafts and lots of other exciting things at Somewhat Simple's Blog Link Party!

Comments

  1. I love making doggie treats... and I don't even have a dog! :o) I always make them to give to family and friends for their babies. These will be added to my "to do" list.

    Holy Cannoli Recipes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Deon! These dog treats are awesome!! I have two HUGE pups that would definitely love these!! I'll have to try them out!! Thanks for visiting my blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These sound delicious enough for humans to eat!
    I will have to make some for my Siberian Husky
    visiting from TheChattyMommy

    glimpsesofglory-karen.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts