I Did It!!!

I decided yesterday that I was going to sew. And sew I did!

I started at 8 am by cutting my jelly roll strips into 8 1/2 inch strips


which were then sewn into squares



and arranged in alternating order



The squares were then made into a rail fence quilt top!


I completed this much of it in only about 5 hours of sewing. I've never ever done that before! I know, it's an easy pattern, but I'm still incredibly proud of myself. This is my very first completed top :)

Now, I just need to pick up some fabric for the border, then I can finish the quilt top, quilt it, bind it and it's done. Yay!!

Comments

  1. Wow! You got a lot done! You go girl. Sometime, I'll find the time to sew again. :) Have a wonderful Monday. I'm following you now from a MOnday hop.
    Michelle
    Heartfelt Balance Handmade Life

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! What a lovely post! and a *hUgE* well done on completing your first sewing pattern :) Have a wonderful monday afternoon/evening (whichever timezone you might be in!) It's bed time for me here in South Africa :) xx
    pop by when you have a chance and say hi!

    http://citygirlsearching.blogspot.com/

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! I just stopped by from Measuring Flower's "Monday Mingle"! I must say that I really like your blog and the design of it!

    I'm so excited to be your newest follower! :)

    Jacque @ Jacque's Soda Parlor
    thesodaparlor.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. amazing! I can not even sew without breaking a needle....so proud for you.

    i am popping over from Monday Mingle Blog Hop

    ReplyDelete
  5. Its a great start and I look forward to seeing it all finished. It feels great to finish a top even if the pattern is simple. Who cares how complicated the pattern is. It is turning out great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice!! Love the fabrics. I don't think I've ever gotten a quilt top done in one day.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts