Looking Ahead To The Week

This year, our school board decided to change the way the Christmas holidays work. Instead of one week before Christmas off and one week after, the kids both stayed in school until December 23. That meant two weeks of holidays after Christmas.

That meant, for me, two weeks of not being able to keep a schedule the way I like. But, they go back tomorrow, thankfully (I know, that sounds horrible, but I really want to get my schedule and home back the way I like it! LOL!)

And, not only do they finally go back to school, this week coming is my short week, which means that I have a whole day off on Tuesday. An entire day of just me and the house. I really can't wait! I'm going to clean in the morning, and lounge in the afternoon, crocheting. It's going to be wonderful!

I'm also able to get back to scheduling our meals for this week. No more snacking and eating on the run. The kids need set mealtimes and healthy eating again. And it will cut down on the grocery bill drastically as well. I have $100/week to spend on groceries and household needs for a family of four, so it's essential that I plan out everything.

Our meal plan for this week is:

Monday - frozen pizza (they were on sale last week, $2.97 for two pizza's. Two feeds my family, so it's a $3.00 meal.)

Tuesday -      salmon loaf
                     potatoes
                     corn

Wednesday - cottage roll
                     potatoes
                     carrots

Thursday -     pork chops in soup
                     potatoes or rice depending on what the kids prefer
                     brocolli if the prices is ok

Friday -        beef and rice

Saturday -    leftovers

Everything for next weeks menu we have on hand, other than the fresh veggies. So, that will help cut the grocery bill down substantially.

I will be getting back to using my morning, afternoon and evening routines this week as well. This way, I can get my house back in order and actually feel ok with surprise guests. Honestly, it's not too bad, but with as many pets as I have, things do tend to get a bit dusty and hairy. I have a couple of rooms where I don't ever want people to go or see, so they will be my emergency room rescues for this week.

One is my den/computer room/craft room/music room. It's a smallish room that has to fit all my quilting and crocheting supplies, my computer, books and two piano's. Oh and it serves as the office for my cleaning business as well. As you can imagine, it's a bit crowded. And it's getting messy and out of hand as well. This room is a definite challenge.

The other big job for this week is tackling the mountain of laundry that is threatening to take over my laundry room/washroom. It won't take all that long, it's just a matter of getting to it.

So, that's my week. I promise my next post will be more interesting. :)

Comments

Popular Posts