Monday, 23 January 2012

What a Wake Up Call!

And I really do mean that!

I was sleeping away this morning, tucked warm and snuggly in my bed at about 6:15 am. I still had 15 minutes before I had to get up, so I was very much enjoying the extra time, knowing that it was a dark, dreary, rainy winter morning.

My daughter was up, getting herself ready for the bus, as she always does (her bus comes at 7:45am, so she's up every day at 5:30am.) I could hear her roaming about, showering, drying her hair getting her lunch ready......

Suddenly, the blaring sound of the smoke alarm ripped though the house, completely ruining my slumber!

I knew what the problem was, so I wasn't in a big hurry to get up. I knew the house wasn't really on fire.

No, sadly, it was my fault.

The oven desperately needs cleaning.

Why, oh why do I always leave this job until it's this bad?

Why, oh why is this such a horrid little job that I would gladly pay money to have someone else do? That's if I had extra money and if I weren't the one that people pay to do it for them.

So, now, my oven is coated in Easy Off, just waiting for me.

Sigh....

I really, really don't want to do this today! But I guess when my daughter can't cook Pizza Pops for her lunch without setting off the smoke alarm, it's truly time.

9 comments:

  1. Aww...in your defense, cleaning the oven really stinks. Literally. Every time I do it, my whole house smells for several hours after.

    PS: Just wanted to let you know that I'm following your GFC from the Monday Mingle GFC/G+ hop. I'm Katie from When Robots Reproduce: https://plus.google.com/u/0/b/116859170150640393739/116859170150640393739/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's done now, thank goodness. And you're right, the house smells and now I have a headache. BUT it's done. Now I can forget about it for a while. I have to remember not to leave it so long this time! (yeah right! LOL!)

      Delete
  2. New follower! Have a great week!

    http://thebrokenmommy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stops things get on top of us, dont' be to hard on yourself. Love the rationale behind your blog :0) I'm a new follower via Monday Mingle.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for stopping by! I hope you enjoy yourself here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hate cleaning the oven. A new follower from Monday mingle would love for you to come check me out https://plus.google.com/u/0/111186664160394114399/posts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a truly horrible little job, isn't it? :)

      Delete
  7. nice blog
    new follower of your blog
    now follow my blog
    http://glamorousgirlblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete