Where DOES The Time Go?

I know, I know, the last time I posted I said I was going to be a better blogger and start posting regularly. Well, as you can see, I'm a dirty little liar. I didn't stick to my word at all, did I?

I swear, I'm trying. The days just seem to be passing quicker and quicker on me I get up, I get the kids off to school, I go to work, than it seems like an entire week has gone by and I haven't found any time at all to spend time here, with all of you.

So, I'm not going to make a single promise to you that I'm going to be a better blogger. I'm just going to make a concerted effort to actually do it.

As my way of saying sorry, I'm going to share with you one of my family's absolute favourite fall treat.

Apple Cake

1 cup white sugar
1/2 cup butter
1 egg
1 1/4 cup flour
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp baking soda
2 cups apples, peeled and sliced
1/2 cup crushed walnuts

Cream sugar, butter and egg. In a separate bowl, combine flour, cinnamon, and baking soda. Add to creamed butter and mix well (mixture will be crumbly) Fold in apples and walnuts.

Bake in greased and floured 9 inch cake pan at 375 for 30 minutes or until cooked through.

Such an easy, easy recipe and it's absolutely delicious! When it's warm, it's wonderful served with ice cream or whipped cream.

I know, I don't have a photo to go with the recipe, but unfortunately my camera is broken. I'm hoping now that I'm working that I'll be able to get it fixed.

Take care everyone!

Comments

Popular Posts