What Happened To My Cake?

We have had the loveliest fall so far this year. The weather has been warm, the nights cool, the leaves have been stunning. There hasn't been a single thing to complain about after such a long, unbearably hot summer.

A few days ago, though, it started turning cold. I knew it was going to happen, it's the same thing every year, and quite frankly, I've been looking forward to it. I love the colder weather, especially this time of year, when it's cool, but you can still get away with wearing just a sweater and jeans.

One of my favourite things to bake in the cooler weather is Apple Cake. So, one of the first cooler days, I donned my apron, pulled out my recipe and  made a delicious easy Apple Cake. I'll share the recipe with you here.


Apple Cake

1 cup white sugar
1/2 cup margarine
1 egg
1 1/4 cup flour
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt (I always leave this out, but it is part of the recipe)
2 cups peeled and diced apples
1/3 cup coarsely chopped walnuts (optional)

Preheat oven to 375. Grease and flour an 8 inch square baking pan. Cream together sugar, margarine and egg in a large bowl. Mix together flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt. Fold in apples and walnuts. Transfer mixture to prepared pan. Bake 45 minutes or until cooked through. 

Easy, peasy. And when it comes to baking I'm all about the easy!

So, after it was all done, I took it out and placed it on the counter to cool. After about an hour, I decided to go out, take a photo of the finished product to share here with all of you and get myself a  nice fresh piece of freshly baked apple cake. 

This is what I found waiting for me.

 

My children absolutely decimated my cake! I'm so sorry I don't have a decent photo of the finished product to share with you, but at the same time, this does go to prove that the cake is delicious!

Comments

Popular Posts