Sometimes Less Is More

I really do love it when just fooling around with very little ingredients creates something delicious.

We're not in the best financial situation right now. It's going to get better soon, I just got a great promotion! (yay!) But for now, money is incredibly tight. Like there's never enough money for all the bills at the end of the pay cycle tight.

So, needless to say, there are times when the fridge is fairly bare.

Last night was one of those times.

I had:

half a tray of ground beef
2 cans of mushroom soup
half a container of sour cream
a bunch of green onions
garlic
egg noodles

That's it.

So, it all went in together. I cooked up the ground beef with some salt and pepper and the green onion, then combined the rest of the ingredients (after cooking the egg noodles of course) and voila! A very delicious, very inexpensive meal that fed my entire family of four, one of them being a 14 year old, terminally hungry boy with leftovers.

All together, the meal was just over $5.00.

I'm so sorry, I don't have a picture to share. It was devoured rather quickly.....

Comments

Popular Posts